34471RE: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's 11/44

  • Wesley Furr
    Feb 17, 2014
      Actually...a regular utility feed 15a circuit should like it better...there
      is a much greater max capability coming in, as opposed to a small generator
      with a limited amount of extra "oomph" over and above it's "constant" rated
      output. As I understand it, regular breakers allow for a high (and short)
      startup surge. But...if you are talking 80 amps for a few seconds, I would
      imaging all bets are off! :-) This is coming from discussions I've read
      about AC units on travel trailers and the like...and how much oversized you
      have to get to handle the startup surge of the compressor...

      Wesley