34468Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's 11/44

  • David Riley
    Feb 17, 2014
      On Feb 17, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:

      > > I don't think a standard 15-amp circuit is
      > > going to like it any better now that we have real electricity.
      >
      > Depends on the type of breaker/overload protection. Time-delay /fuses/ are available for motor circuits with very high starting current demands. I don't know if they're available for the switchgear at InfoAge, but one can also purchase thermal breakers that allow for the same behavior.

      I'm familiar with the slow-blow fuses (I made that discovery when I
      built my own tube amp when living in an apartment that still ran on
      fuses a few years ago - those can produce some pretty substantial
      inrush, especially when you're doing things wrong). I figured there
      must be some breakers along those lines; it might be worth looking
      into them.

      - Dave
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic