34464Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's 11/44

  • David Riley
    Feb 17, 2014
      On Feb 17, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Dennis Boone wrote:

      > > Theoretically, one of the RA drives might be bootable. However, my
      > > recollection is that it's an RA80 and an RA92, so they may be a bit
      > > balky even if we could keep them on without tripping breakers.
      >
      > IIRC, the inrush spec for RA8x series drives is like 80 amps for a
      > number of seconds.

      Yeah, the little gas generator we were running it off of when we
      first tried to spin 'em up choked up and cut out IMMEDIATELY when
      we hit the button. I don't think a standard 15-amp circuit is
      going to like it any better now that we have real electricity.

      Sorry, I had a typo above. My recollection is RA80 and RA82,
      not RA92 (which would be a whole lot better and a whole lot
      smaller).

      - Dave
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic