      From: Richard Cini <rich.cini@...>
      Date: Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM
      To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: New 6502 SBC pre-announcement

      All —

      Just a quick FYI, I did a major redesign of Daryl Rictor’s 6502 SBC v.2.5 to make some needed improvements and add some neat features. I’ve done one prototype run (which works, but needs two cuts and four jumpers) and a second run, which is due next week.

      The improvements are as follows:
      • Resized board to 6.375” x 4"
      • Bypass caps on all chips
      • On-board DE9F for the console
      • Pushbutton reset switch
      • USB Mini-B jack for power
      • Power LED
      • The big one — Commodore Serial IEC interface with SD2IEC header.
      I’m made changes to the included EhBasic to support the Commodore Serial IEC protocol. It works and supports all Commodore API commands using assembly language and some BASIC 4.0 commands from EhBasic.

      Pricing on the bare board would depend on quantities and if there’s sufficient interest I’ll make a bulk order. Attached is a PDF of the board plot for those interested in looking at it.

      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers