34280Re: new members, was Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/44 M7096

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Feb 6, 2014
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >--QFQk4Yf1JnBlStWiH6-tXGMCUkM3R8Hqq-cva2T
      >
      >On 02/06/2014 03:09 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >>> Oh yes, it's bigger nowadays than ever before. A new network just
      >>> joined in a few days ago. There are 18 active DECnet area numbers
      >>> connected right now.
      >>
      >> Is EISNER connected up yet?
      >
      > I dunno. Brian? Any updates?

      The move has *finally* rendered a booted, functional and, again, accessible
      Eisner. I believe, IIRC, it was just last Thursday. I've been busy here,
      so I haven't put much thought into getting Eisner on HECnet; however, since
      Eisner is running MultiNet, it shouldn't be too much effort. I suppose I'd
      only need to have/know an area and node number to configure its DECnet, and
      the connection details to connect via MultiNet to somebody on HECnet.