34243PDP-11/44 M7096

  • Cory Smelosky
    Feb 5 9:11 AM
      Afternoon!

      I was looking over my 11/44 boards, trying to practise identifying
      function by layout. I noticed a dirty and...tarnished IC in the top left
      corner of the M7096.

      I pulled the IC as there was dirt on the pins (you should see the crystal
      above it! It looks more like something found out in the woods after
      several onths!) to wipe off the contacts. I used the proper puling tool.
      A single pin bent over, I was however able to straighten THAT one.

      Unfortunately...a second pin broke off when I tried to straighten it
      slightly. Another had broken off previously. Said IC is unlabelled (or
      well, it was...but the heat spreader looks like it came from the woods).
      It was white ceramic.

      http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/DEC%20stuff%203/M7096%20F1.jpg it's the big
      IC below the clock crystal in that picture. However mine was very thin,
      white ceramic.

      Anyone know what this chip is/have a replacement?

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff