33973Re: [midatlanticretro] Good news / expected news

    Jan 15, 2014
      >> Does it power up?

      LOL well it's not a Commodore 64. One doesn't just plug in a UNIVAC and see what happens. We will have to spend years lovingly inspecting and restoring it. Also, by rule, JHU had to remove the core memory and not give us any software. So it will effectively remain a static display for quite a while. If we are lucky then maybe we can make its lights blink or do * something * in time for our big 10th anniversary next year.

      >> Awww. :(  I'd love to see one run with that terminal.

      We're very grateful to have the computer at all.  :)

      >> How about an IBM 7090? ;)

      If you know if any up for grabs...!

      >> I've always envisioned a Straight-8 on a pedestal as an upon-entry display
      myself.  I'd love to own a Straight-8...it really is a beautiful machine.

      That will always be prominent in our minicomputer exhibit. Are you coming to VCF? Take your picture with ours!
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic