33969Good news / expected news

    Jan 15, 2014
      MARCHins,

      Two pieces of news today...

      1. We're finally moving the UNIVAC out of the locked-up section and into our own storage section this Saturday. That is great news! It will be on proper pallets and now we can show it to more people, with its many racks all lined up, rather than just bundled in a dark corner. Steve G. will operate the forklift. Me, Jeff J., Corey, and probably various InfoAge volunteers will be there starting at 10am to assist. We could use additional help from anyone who is very strong (and very patient). The two CPU racks weigh about 1,500 pounds each, the tape drive is 1,000 pounds, and the peripherals are no lightweights either. (The other tape drive + misc. peripherals will remain in our museum.) Please only volunteer for to help if you're able to do heavy lifting.... not the kind of project where we want people in the way or everyone trying to be in charge.  :)

      2. We already knew that Paul Allen probably would politely decline our VCF invitation. Today I learned that it's pretty much a "no" ... in theory he could come through, but we are proceeding with what we've got.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic