33960RE: [midatlanticretro] LA120 Destination^Wfaults unknown

  • Cory Smelosky
    Jan 15, 2014
      On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

      > Cory Smelosky <b4@...> writes:
      >
      >> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >>
      >>> Yes. I didn't notice them before. The ONLINE, LOCAL, and PAPER OUT
      >>> lights are also lit. The line-feed motor is running as well as the
      >>> advance knob has resistance.
      >>>
      >>> The "4" switches between position 3 and position 4 sometimes in relation
      >>> to the cover switch and sometimes at random.
      >>>

      >> Quick update before I forget: If I remove the 32V fuse, the head will
      >> reposition itself. If I have it installed, the logic comes up but the
      >> head does not reposition itself.
      >
      > 32V fuse? What is its designation on the schematics?
      >

      >> The logic must be keeping the carriage return motor off? Hmmmmm.
      >
      > Perhaps, the position sensor in the motor housing (beneath the black cap on
      > its end toward the read of the LA120 is bad or dirty (it's optical).

      As far as I can tell...as the behaviour is unpredictable and the processor
      sometimes comes out of reset, and sometimes go further...the PSU is
      operational...but not stable.

      The random +12 I was reading drops to +5.71 when connected to the board.
      If I am correct with it being a CMOS NE555 I /think/ high on output would
      be +12V as it is powered from the +12V rail. I wouldn't imagine +5.71V
      being "low" though...

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff