33945RE: [midatlanticretro] LA120 Destination^Wfaults unknown

  • Cory Smelosky
    Jan 14, 2014
      On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Cory Smelosky wrote:

      >>> My J4:

      >>> (1) | +24 | 0 | -24 | UNK | J4 (all the below ones NC are same)
      >>> +-----+-----+-----+-----+
      >>> | NC | 0 | NC | UNK |
      >>> +-----+-----+-----+-----+
      >>> | NC | 0 | NC | UNK |
      >>> +-----+-----+-----+-----+

      >>> (1) | +12 | 0 | J2
      >>> +-----+-----+
      >>> | +12 | 0 |
      >>> +-----+-----+
      >>> | -12 | +5 |
      >>> +-----+-----+
      >>>>

      >>> Looking at this, I see a +12 in mine that is not in yours. I can make
      >>> that go away, however.
      >>
      >> I'd reconcile things with the schematics before you go making changes that
      >> might cause you problems. Also, I believe that there are fusable links or
      >> resistors on the power supply board. Have you checked that they're intact?
      >>

      > Yes. However, in my previous repairs I made some mistakes that I
      > attempted to work around. I mostly reconcilled them with the
      > schematic...but there's still that +12V that shouldn't be there.

      I don't think I can track down this problem...I have no idea where the
      +12V is coming from. The only point it has continuity to is one side of a
      resistor that measures fine.

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff