33887Re: [midatlanticretro] AN/AYK-14

  • DuaneCraps
    Jan 2, 2014
    Never saw a AN/AYK-14 but  my  googling looks like it ran the UNIVAC AN/UYK-20 instruction set. I have attached a scan of a Rep Card for the AN/USQ-20. From the picture that I saw , it looks like it did not have a hardware maintenance panel. Since it was a aircraft computer it was likely removed from the aircraft and taken to a shop  and plugged into a test stand.
    Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:41 PM
    Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] AN/AYK-14

    I remember working with them but to remember details is, well, blurred. It really has been awhile.

    The RICM just received three AN/AYK-14 CDC
    computers ad a donation. It

    looks like they each contain 4x 32k x 18-bit Core Memory

    Memory Control Module, General Processor Module, Processor

    Module, and an I/O board.

    Any experts out there?

    Michael Thompson

  • Show all 3 messages in this topic