33772Re: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: Loot thread!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 26, 2013
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 12/25/2013 06:01 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >> What tech gear did MARCHins get this holiday season?
      >
      > A copy of "Images of America: Digital Equipment Corporation". What an
      >amazingly beautiful book!

      I paged throught a copy of that when I was last at MRO (where I picked up
      MicroVAX-11 and DECtape rack from the d|i|g|i|t|i|a|l museum which are now
      artifacts at InfoAge.) but I don't have a copy myself. I guess I need to
      keep up with the Joneses^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H McGuires.

      > Also...Autumn did something sneaky and wonderful. Our neighbor is a
      >talented sculptor. Autumn had her come in here in my absence and take a
      >bunch of photos of my PDP-11/70 (the one I exhibited at the last VCF-E)
      >and she made a really neat sculpted/painted model of it, about six
      >inches tall! It's awesome. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow.

      Neet; for the DEC collector who has most everything.