33754Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Changing topics

  • Dan Roganti
    Dec 24, 2013

      On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
      On 12/23/2013 02:05 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:
      >       Just having them there in plain view served as an effective deterrent
      >     to poor behavior on the part of sales weenies and clueless suits.
      >

      > that reminds me of a little story, about an intern we had over here at
      > work last year.
      > he asked how to discharge this one capacitor, something used in one of
      > our gantry motion controllers.
      > It's a 300V cap, so I said , here use this roll of solder.
      > he did :)

        ROFL!  *POOF!*

      hehe, normally you wouldn't think anything would happen. But with the amount of power stored in that cap, the solder vaporizes quick enough to cause a shock wave - without any casing - it was loud as a firecracker. And everyone in the lab thought something blew up. That's all the solder I dare give him.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic