33744Re: [midatlanticretro] vcf

  • Neil Cherry
    Dec 23, 2013
      On 12/23/2013 01:36 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
      > Neil Cherry wrote:
      >> Another 'convert' here. I've added the droid48 to my Samsung (and 2 tablets)
      >> and I have rpl (X) and hp28 (cli). I now start having difficulty working with
      >> 'normal' calculators for anything but simple calculations.
      >
      > Droid48 kinda sucks.
      >
      > Type "3 [ENTER] 1 [ENTER] 3 / *". (Without the quotes, obviously. What
      > answer do you get? It's obviously just a skin over Android's own
      > calculator functionality. If it were a true emulation of the hardware,
      > it would answer correctly.

      Good new on hp28:

      njc@Mozart:~$ hp28
      ---------------------------------------
      ---------------------------------------
      ===> 3 1 3 / *
      ---------------------------------------
      1: 1
      ---------------------------------------
      ===>

      Bad news on droid48:

      .999999999999

      Droid48 is not a skin over Android's calculator but I would bet that the
      programmer didn't go to great lengths on the emulation.

      One difference between the hp28 & droid48 is that the Linux box
      hp28 is running on has floating point (x86_64). The Samsung phone on
      Android (ARM Cortex-A15). Both have floating point support. The hp28
      is written in C and the droid48 is written in Java. Source code for
      both is available.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog