33715Re: [midatlanticretro] vcf

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 22, 2013
      "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

      >any.
      >> >
      >> > No, we do! I'll take a minicomputer exhibit ahead of a desktop
      >calculators exhibit any day. Just saying we would understand and be cool
      >with it.
      >> >

      >> I unfortunately don't have anything I can exhibit. :(
      >>
      >> 11/44s and 11/03s have likely already been exhibited. ;)
      >>
      >> Maybe I can schlep a terminalm attach it to a modem and dial in to a
      >> terminal server here? ;)
      >>
      >> --
      >
      >At this point it is almost impossible to exhibit something that has not
      >already been (that's why I did IBM PC's last time)....but it's what you can
      >do with whatever you have that is most important.

      Why this concern over showing something that might have been seen before?
      Does this familiarity breed contempt? :)

      Isn't VCF more for the attendees than the presenters? People attending VCF
      may not have seen a Wuznot-256 Plus with integrated Wazoo Graphics and beer
      dispenser before, so what is the crime if one is put on display at each and
      every VCF? Unless, of course, it's dispensing Octal-lite. I'd, personally,
      prefer a more full-bodied RAD-50 IPA.