33635Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/23+ help needed

    Dec 19 6:39 PM
      On 12/19/2013 09:35 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >> And, ahh, yeah, that oscillator looks pretty badly dented. Absent any
      >> other evidence, I'd not be surprised if it was hosed.
      > The other oscillator is 5Mhz and I can't read this one. What was the
      > clockrate of the 11/23+?

      I just looked at the schematic; the crunched can is E7, which is a
      26.666MHz TTL-level oscillator. That's the main processor clock generator.

      We need to find you an oscilloscope. The first thing to do would be
      to stick a probe on J6/J7, the jumper to the left of the DIP that's to
      the left of that oscillator, to see if you see a 13.3MHz square wave there.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ