33630Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/23+ help needed

  • Cory Smelosky
    Dec 19, 2013
      On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 12/19/2013 08:57 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      > > On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      > >
      > > I have done the "holding halt for a few seconds" with no result
      > > whatsoever. Nothing on the console. I do not believe it enters ODT.
      > >
      > > Even my 11/03 with a blown cap can enter ODT! ;)
      >
      > Was this KDF11-B from Paul? If so, was it represented as working?

      I don't recall it as tested. I'll contact him before long about a
      replacement. I'm wary of the dented crystals on the board, anyway.

      > Actually, more importantly...Is it the one the MMU chip with all the
      > bent pins came from? I seem to recall your having mentioned that you'd
      > put that in the wrong socket at one point. If that's the one...well, we
      > know what happened. ;)

      It was never in the wrong socket. It was just reseated for testing.

      > Assuming that's the case, pull the MMU chip and retry. Remember, the
      > MMU was actually an *option* on those machines...it's not required for
      > it to function. (of course pretty much every one ever sold was
      > purchased with the MMU, but still..)

      I'll try it without the MMU. I have small enough screwdrivers to not bend
      the pins (again)

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff