33628Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/23+ help needed

    Dec 19, 2013
      On 12/19/2013 08:57 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      > On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >
      > I have done the "holding halt for a few seconds" with no result
      > whatsoever. Nothing on the console. I do not believe it enters ODT.
      >
      > Even my 11/03 with a blown cap can enter ODT! ;)

      Was this KDF11-B from Paul? If so, was it represented as working?

      Actually, more importantly...Is it the one the MMU chip with all the
      bent pins came from? I seem to recall your having mentioned that you'd
      put that in the wrong socket at one point. If that's the one...well, we
      know what happened. ;)

      Assuming that's the case, pull the MMU chip and retry. Remember, the
      MMU was actually an *option* on those machines...it's not required for
      it to function. (of course pretty much every one ever sold was
      purchased with the MMU, but still..)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ