33624Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/23+ help needed

  • David Riley
    Dec 19, 2013
      On Dec 19, 2013, at 6:12 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4@...> wrote:

      > Evening...
      >
      > The memory board was delivered (1M clearpoint, NOT PMI, assuming it's
      > compatible. I installed it without smoke, However...the 11/23+ has not
      > changed. All its lights are consistently on permanently.
      >
      > Does this indicte a memory error or something more serious? I'd love
      > further debugging info...

      You should be able to get into ODT with no memory installed. Are you
      able to do that?

      The lights are only going to change if you're booting into ROM. Make
      sure about your DIP switch settings; personally, I'd just try to boot
      into ODT first and see if I get the prompt. I don't know if the boot
      ROM will do much without memory (it would be simple to try if mine
      were working, but the power supply is on the blink at the moment).

      - Dave
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic