33616Re: [midatlanticretro] SDI cable/pinout

  • Cory Smelosky
    Dec 19 12:36 PM
      On Thu, 19 Dec 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 12/19/2013 03:28 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      > >> Yes. Each cable in an SDI system flips the pins, so you need an odd
      > >> number of them. I explained this the other day.
      > >
      > > One is an odd number. ;)
      >
      > Well, with the caveat of compatible genders. ;)

      Well, the bulkhead I have is male, and the drive is male. So a F<--->F
      cable is compatible.

      > > Wouldn't one with two female connectors work, or are signals flipped as
      > > well?
      >
      > They shouldn't be. You could probably kludge it together.

      Cool. I don't mind kludging things together.

      > >> No...ridiculous is what those cables cost when new.
      > >
      > > And a $100 for cables (2 is an even number, so $160) for a $75 drive
      > > isn't? ;)
      >
      > That all depends. ;)

      True.

      > >> Be patient, man!
      > >
      > > Unless you have the necessary cables around, I have useless components
      > > here I can't test before any return period ends.
      >
      > I do. Can you get your dad to spin you out here again?

      Possibly...but it's doubtful it'd be within 14 days. (The return period)

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff