33485Re: [midatlanticretro] RE: Sat Festivus Count

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 13, 2013
      David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

      >On Dec 12, 2013, at 11:27 PM, <hjohnson@...> wrote:
      >
      >> "most American beer....got very little alcohol.."
      >>=20
      >> The River Horse brews are typically several to 10% alcohol. A glance at W=
      >ikipedia suggests that's more than typical.
      >
      >However, if we're talking most by VOLUME, the beer analogs
      >known by the brand names Budweiser, Coors and Miller probably
      >beat anything else hands-down in this country.

      River Horse: American Blonde Ale 4.5% ABV
      River Horse: Oatmeal Milk Stout 6.7% (Yuck, lactose)
      River Horse: Rye India Pale Ale 6.0%
      River Horse: Bourbon-Barrel Aged Tripel Horse 10.0%

      The micros are brewing much more hopped and alcoholic beers but many lose in
      flavor due to this. There are a lot of these where more is less and less is
      more!