33483Re: [midatlanticretro] Sat Festivus Count

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 13, 2013
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

      > >> beer
      >
      >You mean most American beer. It's got very little alcohol!

      Au contraire.

      Most beer hovers around the 5% ABV mark. Here's a small sample taken from
      realbeer.com:

      Brewer Beer %ABV Calories Carbs
      ---------------+-----------------------+-------+----------+-----
      Amstel Light Amstel Light 3.5 95 5 (not American!)
      Anchor Anchor Steam 4.9 152
      Beck's Beck's 5.0 143 (not American!)
      Budweiser Budweiser 5.0 143 10.6
      Coors Coors Original 5.0 148 11.3
      Dos Equis Dos Equis XX 4.8 145 (not American!)
      Foster's Foster's Lager 5.1 156 (not American!)
      Guinness Guinness (Draught) 4.0 125 10 (not American!)
      Heineken Heineken 5.4 166 9.8 (not American!)
      Killian's Killian's 4.9 163 13.8
      Labatt Labatt Blue 5.0 153 (not American!)
      Miller Miller Genuine Draft 5 143 13.1
      Moosehead Moosehead 5.0 153
      Pete's Brewing Pete's Wicked Ale 5.3 174 17.7
      St. Pauli Girl St. Pauli Girl 4.9 148 (not American!)
      Sam Adams Sam Adams Boston Lager 4.8 160
      Sierra Nevada Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 5.7 171 14.1
      Tsingtao Tsingtao 4.7 152 (not American!)
      Yuengling Lager 4.4 135-140 12

      Most American beers have as much alcohol or more than their import cousins;
      however, they lack taste and quality WRT their alcohol quantity compared to
      most foreign brews. If you want more alcohol, many of the American micro-
      breweries are crafting beers with more flavor and alcohol content that can
      give the Belgian trappists a run for their money. ;)