33438Fwd: Thinning out my collection

    Dec 11, 2013
      From cctalk tonight.

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Thinning out my collection
      Date:Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:42:10 -0500
      From:Nathaniel Filardo <nwfilardo@...>
      To:cctalk@...

      Hallo,

      I'm clearing out some duplicates and mismatched material from the JHU ACM's
      collection of old stuff that I try to call a "museum".  All of this is, at
      the moment, located in Baltimore, MD; local pickup can be easily arranged.
      Bringing things to Pittsburgh is also an option, though you’ll have to
      tolerate some latency (I’m infrequently at CMU, so…).
      The current list of materials is available at
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqVSp8UyoZ_bdDFGXy1JTWlfZ2FLMXYtdkZhUi1GdHc

      I’ve tried to be reasonable about initial asking prices, mostly going by
      what’s up on eBay right now.  If I’ve wildly missed the mark, please let me
      know.  Speaking of eBay, these are going up there eventually, but I thought
      I’d offer the mailing list first.

      Dead Trees and Media:

      Most of the dead-tree part is comparatively un-interesting or common, and
      so I would be happy to part with it for the cost of shipping and an
      entirely optional donation (can you spare $1?) towards the museum's
      efforts. Some appear not to be in any of the archives I know of; I'll cover
      shipping them to you for a promise that they end up there, if that's the
      case. :)

      Actual "Classic" Computers: Sun Enterprise E450, 3x Sun Ultra 5, Sun
      SparcStation 5, Sun SparcStation 4, HP 712/60

      Other Bits of Technology:
      Sun UltraSCSI external enclosure for half-height disk drive (sparcstation
      decor)
      Sun SCSI external enclosure for full-height disk drive (IPC/IPX decor)
      Two reels tape, presumed identical; one labeled “AMPEX 874 CATT 1600 CPI -
      3200 FCI”
      Myricom Myrinet Fiber Switch (M3-CLOS-ENCL) w/ cards.
      Numerous MyriNET PCI-X Fiber cards.

      There's sure to be more stuff over the coming year, too, as just how much
      space the department takes away from us in our upcoming move becomes
      clearer. :'(

      Thanks!
      --nwf;