33424RE: Atari 400/800 monitor requested

  • ian_primus
    Dec 10, 2013

      As others have pointed out, Atari never made a monitor for that line of computers. Also - the Atari 400 only has RF output - although I'm pretty sure by the 800 they had the composite available through a DIN plug.

      A television, or a third party (say, Amdek) monitor would be the most historically accurate. Most Atari users used the Commodore 1702 monitor (I had one with my first computer, the 130XE). While the Atari users were pretty vocal about Atari computer being the best, they generally agreed that Commodore did have the best monitor.

      -Ian

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic