33415Re: [midatlanticretro] Atari 400/800 monitor requested

  • Bill Loguidice
    Dec 10, 2013
      I can confirm the answer is there wasn't. For whatever bizarre reason, Atari didn't brand their own monitors until the ST. The expectation was definitely use of a television, though they did produce a prototype that they never released. Maybe Atari thought there wasn't sufficient market for one, though their primary competition, Commodore, sure thought there was. Commodore probably produced two of the finest generic monitor series of the classic era, with the 170x and 1084x series both being mainstays back then and in collections today.

      -Bill

      Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.

      Authored Books and
      Film; About me and other ways to get in touch

      On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >> Atari never produced their own monitor for the 8-bit line, unfortunately

      I vaguely recall asking a few years ago and having someone answer the opposite.

      Not a big deal; just thought there was one.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic