33412Re: [midatlanticretro] RE: Festivus logistics thread

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Dec 10, 2013
      David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

      >On Dec 9, 2013, at 5:17 PM, <hjohnson@...> <hjohnson@retrot=
      >echnology.com> wrote:
      >
      >> Also, I stopped at our local brewery River Horse, and bought a few bottle=
      >s of local pumpkin brewed beer. hard to imagine running out of beer if a ke=
      >g is on-site but the variety may be amusing. Also, those attending the next=
      > TCF may want to consider an afternoon brewery tour (by reservation usually=
      >)., it's only a few miles from TCNJ.
      >
      >Looks like my pumpkin pie cream ale will be ready in bottles by the weekend=
      > (it's drinkable now, should be fully carbonated by then). Wish I could br=
      >ing more than 12 bottles, but so much of that batch got committed as gifts =
      >this Christmas (and we already drank the rest from the keg). I'll be bring=
      >ing that.

      You haven't tired of pumpkin brews yet? This year seemed to have an extra
      early start and a much broader field of pumpkin ales. By September's end,
      I'd already had more than my fill of pumpkin ales; albeit, last evening, I
      had Southern Tier's Warlock which was quite nice and balanced.

      >And, though this is not food-related, I have a Virtual Boy that needs fixin=
      >g on loan from a friend of mine. Even though this isn't strictly a fix-it =
      >workshop, I figure I could bring it and we could have some fun. Anyone got=
      > any experience fixing these? My assumption is it's something to do with t=
      >he mirror.

      Mother nature and old man Winter are breeding a storm for the InfoAge area
      today and the extended outlook says that they may fornicate once again for
      the weekend. To all, please take care in your travels to Festivus. Plan
      your routes to keep on the major NJ highways which get better attention by
      the plows than the smaller roads. It should be interesting to see if the
      road from Rt. 18 to InfoAge gets any plow's attention.