33312Re: [midatlanticretro] Rescue mission - Can anybody loan me a cargo ship

  • Dan Roganti
    Nov 26, 2013

      On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
      On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Ray Sills wrote:

      > Plutonium RTGs are often used to power unattended remote lighthouses,
      > and every now and then some doofbat will steal one, hoping to make a
      > home-grown nuke.  No good... it's the wrong isotope for weapons.  But,
      > still plenty radioactive enough to ruin your day.

          "Think of it as evolution in action."

      That's cause they wouldn't know how to use them
      RTG are the best power source - guess how the Voyager probe still keeps ticking
      Imagine building a vintage CP/M space probe as a science fair project.
      Need some Rad-Hard 8080's first :)  or lead
      =Dan

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic