33149Re: [midatlanticretro] Tek donating 'scope for VCF East prize

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Nov 6, 2013
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

      >--SALJPZWQFD6l6-GHJwhzQtPwOxAyDYyRXezoaat

      >>> Because it would seem rigged/fishy if the club officers/instructors won
      >>> the prize vs. a regular attendee. The prize should go to a rank-and-file
      >>> MARCHin or ordinary guest.
      >>
      >> OK. I'll have to buy a ticket for my friend Otto Pilot. :)
      >
      >Your identical twin brother? :)

      Almost, but I might need the "manual inflation" more that he! :) :)

      Those of us who will be presenting these session will certain by investing
      far more than $20 to do so. Seems a bit unfair to offer a $1000+ device to
      a mere $20 ticket holder but...

      >>> TBD. Email me privately if, as the teacher, you have a preference.

      >>> I'll have to dig up the emails, but I recall that we talked about how
      >>> you'll teach concepts in the first half of the course, and then people
      >>> will break into groups with volunteer leaders specific to various
      >>> assemblers.
      >>
      >> I'll handle the "concepts" part. How long do you propose that ought to
      >> be?
      >
      >The courses are 75 minutes, so in your course it should be half
      >concepts, and then half sub-groups.

      Sub groups? When did group theory factor into this? :)