33072Re: [midatlanticretro] Help identifying MFM drive

  • Cory Smelosky
    Oct 31, 2013
      On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, David Riley wrote:

      > On Oct 31, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Considering how cheap modern drives are, it's almost not worth the effort.
      >
      > That depends on how much you liked the data that was on them. :-\

      Yeah. :(

      > Though if it's something REALLY precious, I'd send it to DriveSavers.
      > Sometimes your data is really worth $1500.

      If the data is THAT precious, I'm going to have it backed up to 3
      different drives or more. Usually something flash-based that sits
      perpetually in a drawer is one of the backup locations.

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff