33054Re: [midatlanticretro] Help identifying MFM drive

  • Systems Glitch
    Oct 31, 2013
      > There is a point when you have nothing to lose! I have learned a lot about
      > hard drives in the past two or three years. I used to chuck them when they
      > failed, but they're actually fixable if you're patient and you have a clean
      > space.

      Yep, it was as good as dead anyway! I figured it couldn't make it worse; besides, I had my doubts on just how dust-sensitive they were, since I was using SyQuest removable platter drives at the time. Speaking of removable disk media, don't be afraid if disassembling your RL01/2 media in the kitchen for cleaning and inspection -- zero damaged packs so far!

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic