33037Re: [midatlanticretro] Help identifying MFM drive

  • Cory Smelosky
    Oct 30, 2013
      On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > Well regardless of what it is, it's not going to work for much longer,
      > having been opened to air like that.

      Based upon the warranty label being broken, I doubt I was the first to
      open it.

      It may have not even worked before.

      > Kind looks like it might be a Rodime, but could be CMI.

      It's looking like CMI from a quick googling, but I could be wrong.

      > Keep in mind that, "formatting these for a PDP-11" can mean many
      > different things, depending on what controller you're using. Some
      > controllers, notably the DEC RQDX1 and RQDX2, cannot use drives of
      > arbitrary geometries. (at least from what I can remember)

      Can an RQDX3? I don't even quite know the geometries of this.

      Regardless, I'm out a whole $10. No big deal...I can track down an
      ST-225. It'll cost me more than $10, though. ;)

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff