32926Re: [midatlanticretro] Macintosh PowerBook 180

  • Cory Smelosky
    Oct 23, 2013
      On Thu, 24 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 10/24/2013 12:43 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >> It really is unfortunate what Oracle did to Solaris.
      >>
      >> I'm gonna keep solaris alive on my workstation. (An Ultra 60...I'm typing
      >> this on a PowerMac G5, so I'm not too fond of the "latest and greatest".)
      >
      > They're not having trouble keeping it *alive*...they're just making it
      > a very inhospitable place. I have high hopes for OpenSXCE; I just hope
      > the guy can keep up the energy.

      That's more what I meant to say but didn't notice until I pressed Ctrl/X.
      ;)

      Indeed. They require a huge contract to acxcess patches for NONSENSE
      THINGS! That's just ridiculous.

      Martin will probably keep up the energy for it once he gets graphics and
      zones sorted. I THINK those are the last 2 big things left on his plate.
      ( Jails are what /I/ want done. ;) )

      I did manage to track down a copy of snv_151a, though. For SPARC.

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff