32919Re: [midatlanticretro] Macintosh PowerBook 180

  • Neil Cherry
    Oct 23, 2013
      On 10/23/2013 11:14 AM, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:
      > On 10/23/13 10:46 AM, jeff_s_jonas@... wrote:
      >>
      >> Thanks to all for the replies.
      >>
      >> I remember the Unix wars from the AT&T side in the 80s. I have the pins & swag to prove it!
      >> http://ferretronix.com/unigroup/201109/
      >>

      > My career started in the early '90's when it was Sun vs. SGI vs. HP.

      > Unfortunately, I missed out on playing with V7 on a pre-risc Dec system, PDP or VAX - I've
      > seen a VAX running BSD, but didn't have an account on it.

      I've been through V7 (probably on the PDP's that Middlesex County College had),
      SYSIII & SYSV on the 3B2. V7 was kind of barren (just shell, not Bourne SH) if you
      didn't have the BSD code compiled on there. The SYSIII & SYSV were more normal
      (Bourne Shell & Ksh) but we still had a lot of BSDisms lurking about.

      As you might guess, I now play a lot with Linux (gave my 3B2-310 to the
      museum). It's still just unix underneath.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog