32916Re: [midatlanticretro] Macintosh PowerBook 180

  • Mike Loewen
    Oct 23 11:52 AM
      On Wed, 23 Oct 2013, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:

      > My career started in the early '90's when it was Sun vs. SGI vs. HP. Then
      > Sun went and changed their OS from being BSD based to SysV based.

      I was a big Sun user at work from 1988 until 2010, when I gave up my
      last Ultra 10. When Sun switched over from BSD to SVR4, I held out for a
      long time before finally giving in. I was also running a SVR4 variant
      called ESIX at home on an x86 machine from 1991 - 1995, before I moved to
      Linux. I do have a pile of Sun workstations at home, from a 3/60 to an
      Ultra 10.

      > Unfortunately, I missed out on playing with V7 on a pre-risc Dec system, PDP
      > or VAX - I've seen a VAX running BSD, but didn't have an account on it.

      I missed out completely on the DEC systems, and only got my first DEC
      machine (VAX 4000/300 w/OpenVMS 7.3) in 2009.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...