32882Re: [midatlanticretro] Macintosh PowerBook 180

  • Ray Sills
    Oct 22, 2013
      On Oct 22, 2013, at 1:54 AM, <jeff_s_jonas@...> <jeff_s_jonas@...
      > wrote:

      > I'm finally dusting off my PowerBook 180
      >
      > a) it's running sys 7.1
      > Is that the latest? Is there any compelling reason to update/upgrade?
      >
      > b) I need ProComm or a procomm-like program for the serial port.
      > Suggestions? preferably something I can easily download.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Jeff Jonas

      HI Jeff:

      I am not sure if it will run on your hardware (but it might)... but OS
      7.6.1 was one of the most stable operating systems for the Mac. In my
      experience, it -never- crashed. I used it with my personal systems,
      and with professional systems (audio post production) at work.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic