32745Re: [midatlanticretro] uVax Diag Monitor tape?

  • Dennis Boone
    Oct 9, 2013
      >> I must've just skimmed Evan's earlier message...I would like to know what
      >> type of 5.25" drive Matt is planning on getting running on a PDP-11/44. The
      >> only way to do it is with an SMD controller (easy) and a 5.25" SMD drive
      >> (very rare), or a SCSI drive (easy) and a Unibus SCSI host adapter (rare and
      >> very expensive).

      Third way, though it may not help the individual in question: there
      exist Unibus ESDI controllers and drives. There's not a lot of demand,
      so they tend to be cheaper than SCSI stuff, at least last I looked.

      De
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic