32597RE: OT: Exercise for MARCHins! / was: Re: MARCH Festivus party

  • mwillega
    Oct 3, 2013

       Over the last few years, I've been cycling a bit in the warmer weather.  This summer I've been averaging 50plus miles a week - spread over 3 or 4 days - no time for centuries here.  Bike riding in the cold is no fun, and I've usually gone to pot once the weather has changed.  This year,  as the weather has started to get chilly, I've switched out some of the bike rides for some slow jogs.  I have a ways to go before I can run any significant distance.  Right now I'm covering about 2.5 miles at a snail's pace.  We will see how the running goes, but it may help get me through the winter in better shape.

      regards,

      Mike W.

      ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <ncherry@...> wrote:

      On 10/02/2013 11:43 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > A non-sarcastic question: how do MARCHins stay healthy?

      I ride a bicycle. I haven't been riding as much so I'm only doing 60 mile rides
      on the weekends. I hope to get back to doing 100 mile rides by November.

      I'm having trouble getting in my miles during the week but I do walk my
      dogs 3 to 4 times a day.

      I've also given up on a lot of sugar.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog