32453RE: Rubber rollers for Documation 600L reader - any hints

  • joshbensadon
    Sep 20, 2013

      How big are the rollers you are looking for?  I recently rescued some old pinch rollers for some 3/4" VCR's.  The rubber on them was a little hard but still usable imho.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I am helping a friend restore a Documation 600L card reader whose rubber rollers have dried out and cracked - otherwise it is in good shape. Anyone have spare rollers or who could point me at a source for them?

      I will go down the obvious route of looking for usable substitutes that match the dimensions, but someone might have parts, a machine that has good rollers but is unrepairable for other reasons, or know of a good supplier.

      This machine will be used at a museum in the UK to read and save card decks. The restoration staff at the museum has searched in vain for the parts and didn't have any luck getting a custom-manufactured substitute. I agreed to lend a hand from afar.

      Carl
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic