32446Mark 8

    Sep 19, 2013

      Evan/Mouse/Corey,

      The code for “blinking lights” that I suggested for the Mark 8 is actually a program that interfaces with a TV Typewriter II and displays random images on the TV screen.  In short It’s not a random front panel lights program.  You need a tv typewriter II to use the program.  He do have one, but we have not tested the I/O of the Mark 8.

      If you’re going to attempt to operate the machine please review the docs on vintagecomputer.net/mark8/ so you can get acquainted with the machine BEFORE you start using it for an extended period. I strongly suggest that you not leave the machine running for more than 45 minutes at a time, it has not been tested other than for power supply ripple.  Seems OK, but it’s not really a production machine.

      It worked enough to deposit and retrieve memory when Ian and I tested it last.  That’s all we know.