32325Re: [midatlanticretro] more on big Compaq machines

  • Cory Smelosky
    Sep 4, 2013
      On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      >>> Yeah that was my first thought. A friend gave them to me, though,
      >>> with a large pile of SGI gear, and made me promise not to scrap them.
      >>>
      >>> I must admit, though, that they are really damn impressive for PCs.
      >>
      >> I'm very fond of well-built pre-PIII peecees. PIII and later chipsets are
      >> just awful and in my experience riddled with compatability issues and
      >> bugs.
      >
      > ...and then there's that whole "slower than pissing tar" thing. PC
      > users are the most tolerant, forgiving people on the planet.

      I need to remind myself how glad I am to have better architectures
      regularly.

      > So do you want these beasties? ;)

      Toss the 7000 in my pile. I don't think i'd have room for the others
      considering how big my pile currently is. ;)

      I'll try to get out there soon to grab some of it.

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff