32321Re: [midatlanticretro] more on big Compaq machines

  • Cory Smelosky
    Sep 4, 2013
      On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 09/03/2013 11:29 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:
      >> Hmmm...I wonder if the height would be right for a bedside stand?
      >> It could
      >> even double as a space heater!
      >>
      >> or a Boat Anchor :)
      >
      > Yeah that was my first thought. A friend gave them to me, though,
      > with a large pile of SGI gear, and made me promise not to scrap them.
      >
      > I must admit, though, that they are really damn impressive for PCs.

      I'm very fond of well-built pre-PIII peecees. PIII and later chipsets are
      just awful and in my experience riddled with compatability issues and
      bugs.

      Emulation chooses the 440BX for a reason. ;)

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff