32298Re: [midatlanticretro] Power update

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Sep 3 1:37 PM
      "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> writes:

      >> Per Fred: "the holdup is that JCPL wants to overhaul the 13Kv feeder on
      >> their side of the fence" before InfoAge can energize its new transformer.
      >>
      >> Don't yet have any info about how long that will take.
      >>

      >Its funny how after all this time when they could have completed their
      >overhaul JCPL wants to start now.
      >They could have ordered the parts and installed new cable or whatever
      >without interfering with our power restoration.
      >Such is the way of large companies and government.

      JCP&L has still not replaced/repaired the transformer on the pole outside
      my home since it exploded during Sandy. JCP&L says that there is suffic-
      ient capacity on the line provided by other transformers which survived
      Sandy. If that be the case, I'd really love to see the leaking eye-sore
      removed from the pole. They've managed to get the meter reader out here
      several times!