32247Re: [midatlanticretro] uVax Diag Monitor tape?

  • David Comley
    Aug 30, 2013
      Is the drive of the type that can be formatted in a MicroVAX 2000 ? If so I can help. I have a vague recollection that they have a formatting routine built-in to the console ROM that supports RD51s and other MFM drives of that ilk.

      Dave

      On Aug 30, 2013, at 11:40, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 08/29/2013 11:39 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > DECheads--
      >
      > Matthew W. wants to make a bottable 5.25 for the museum's 11/44. He
      > added: "However, I need a copy of the MicroVAX Diagnostics Monitor (MDM)
      > tape to reformat the drive."
      >
      > Can anyone help with this?

      As I've told Matt, I have many copies of this, but I need some time to
      find them. I have hundreds of TK50s here and have to go through the
      boxes. If you guys can hang tight on it for a bit I will send one.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ