32222Re: [midatlanticretro] Project: Low-Cost Hex Displays

  • Systems Glitch
    Aug 29, 2013
      > DL1416s are fantastic. I was very lucky to be able to score a big
      > pile of them at Skycraft Surplus in FL a few years ago.

      They sure are, I use members of that family of displays in many projects! I've got DL1414, DL1416, DL2416 and HDSP2416 (dot matrix replacement for DL2416). They make an excellent debug tool, especially when you're not sure how functional a system is. No setup, no checking status registers...just push ASCII out and it's displayed.

      The hex display project also lays the groundwork for another display-related personal project.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic