32144Re: The Demo setup for MARCH's Altair- current status

  • corey986
    Aug 20, 2013
      I can email you the bin files of you want, but basically this stuff is on the net. All I did was modify the JMP/JNZ/JZ directions to a higher address where the rom is.

      I find the best demo of my personal Altair is to use the MBL rom and load 8k basic and the load Star Trek, both off paper tape. I even switched out my high speed reader for my low speed punch/reader as the high speed reader was too "cool" automatically starting/stopping and rewinding the tape. Not likely to have something that expensive and complex on someone's home bew setup. I'm even thinking of pulling my ADM out of the mix and using my early TI silent terminal, but playing a game of Star Trek could cost you almost $10 in thermal paper LOL.

      The point of the MARCH demo is to show how primative/useless the Altair was when introduced and people were still gaga over it. It feeds into the introduction of the home brew computer club into the tour.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Win Heagy" <wheagy@...> wrote:

      > Corey,
      >
      > I wanted to see if you'd be interested in sharing the demo code you are considering? I'm looking for short demo programs for the Altair to impress family and friends and would be interested to see what you have collected.
      >
      > Thanks...Win

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic