32108Re: Fixing TRS-80 Model III Computer

  • Al Hartman
    Aug 16, 2013
      After removing all the RAM, cleaning the oxidation off the pins, and replacing one chip with a broken pin. The Model III now boots into BASIC.

      The flat interconnect cables from the serial card and floppy controller (such a poor design) are beyond salvaging.

      So, the task for another day is to either hard wire the boards together with wire, or install headers that use a connector and cable that can substitute.

      Until then, I can’t test the RAM.

      But, this was a good outcome for the day.

      I think next is to reassemble my C-64 and drill the hole for the JiffyDOS switch, and then add JiffyDOS to my 1541 Drives.

      Al
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic