32038Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum report + various updates

    Aug 11, 2013
      >> Even

      "Evan" ... "Even" would be odd. :)

      >> From several photographs of previous VCFs I noticed that there is an IBM 1130 in the collection.

      True!

      >> It looked fairly beat up, and I assume it is no way functional.

      Not yet, but the guys behind ibm1130.org examined it and said it is definitely restorable. It would be a major task, but it is not out of the question.

      >> I would really like to check it out when I come up for a visit on Dec 7, will it be available?

      Yes. Be sure to contact me a few weeks before your visit, because we're not normally there on Saturdays.

      However, we still have to decide on a weekend for our holiday party (the "Vintage Computer Festivus") and it might be that weekend ... in which you can visit the museum, see the 1130, and celebrate with us.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic