3201Re: [midatlanticretro] Kaypro 1 operating system???

  • M. Frank
    Apr 28, 2006
      I'm not sure if your questions were answered but I'm sure I have a Kaypro 1 boot diskette, send me your address separately and I will send you one,  Mike

      keycat02 <keycat02@...> wrote:
      Hello Retroids.  I've recently acquired a Kaypro 1 computer with no
      software.  I also have a Kaypro 2 that has most of its software
      including CP/M, and so thought that the Kaypro 1 would be able to boot
      and run the same software.  When I insert a bootable disk in the
      Kaypro 1, however, I get the message "No operating system present on
      this disk".  I first thought it might be a bad floppy drive in the
      Kaypro 1, so I transplanted the A drive to the Kaypro 2 and found it
      worked just fine.  Is it possible that the Kaypro 1 has a specific
      version of CP/M?  Does anybody have a copy?  Alternately, does this
      suggest a problem with the disk controller in the Kaypro 1?  Thanks
      for any help.  John Reeve