31976Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tape Drives

  • David Riley
    Aug 8, 2013
      On Aug 8, 2013, at 7:56, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

      On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 11:23:00PM -0400, David Riley wrote:
      > Also, what do we have that runs on 400 Hz? We don't have much naval
      > equipment that I know of.

      The naval stuff I'm familiar with is 3 phase delta. Aircraft is the most
      common usage for 400 Hz. 400 Hz gives weight/size savings.

      I'm working on a system with the Navy now that uses 400 Hz. Almost all the carrier stuff seems to, though perhaps it's because it interfaces with aircraft equipment in a lot of cases.

      - Dave
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic