31883Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone going to be working on DEC stuff this weekend?

  • David Gesswein
    Aug 3 12:05 PM
      On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 08:26:48AM -0400, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      > OK. I have an old TU58 tape here but I'm no certain what is on it.

      How many people have TU58 tapes that are still useable? All the ones I have
      the belt is stuck to the tape so if you move it oxide comes off where its
      been sitting. I haven't tried baking or opening and trying to remove the
      belt. They didn't have anything useful on them so I was just checking them
      when someone was looking for some tapes. They had the same problem as the
      person looking for them so they went back into storage for that mythical
      point when I have lots of free time.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic